Make The Presenter Experience Easier For Video Streaming

What are you trying to do? (Detailed description)
Right now whenever I log in with multiple presenters for a video stream there are always a few who have a difficult time understanding where to click for the Webcam and how to set all that up. Not to mention if they are in the wrong browser it doesn’t work right, but doesn’t tell them.

We have a lot of non-technical presenters and a few minor changes could make a huge difference.

A big help would be buttons or bigger text directing them to select webcam or dial-in on the Control Panel and maybe not calling it Control Panel, but something more intuitive. They need something to draw their attention to the webcam option, while the interface is just too busy with all the dial-in text and information. Even better, the control panel could just have 2 buttons when you login the first time, one webcam and one dial-in, and then it takes you to the right one and the normal layout after that. Sometimes to just help draw people’s attention.

A note on the webcam tab about browsers would be helpful as well. Something at the top that says something along these lines, “Video is only compatible with these browsers: Chrome, Edge, or FireFox.” – We deal with a lot of bigger companies that are still stuck using IE for a bit longer and it has caused issues since they don’t even know what browser they are using.

What is the challenge you’re experiencing?
Improve the user experience in presentation manager for non-technical users.

Do you have a workaround that you use right now?
I send screenshots and detailed descriptions, but as we all know, it is a lot easier to make a change than to try to explain things when we have new presenters coming every week.

100% agree with all the statements above. It would make such a huge difference especially with the ongoing webcasts we have and the stream of presenters using the platform for the first time. We have had presenters request zoom because it’s far more intuitive.

2 Likes

Thanks Tammy, I’m glad someone else is experiencing a similar issue and it’s not just my presenters.

Some of the people presenting for me are mostly live speakers, lot’s of much older people, and they may not even use a computer more than a couple times a week when they were doing live shows and their jobs. Lots of them even have assistants to do the computer stuff for them.

I think these changes would be a major benefit for On24 sales as well. I work with a lot of CEOs/Presidents/Executives for my presentations and a really simple webinar interface might get them interested in what platform we are using and get easy referrals from me.

1 Like

Hi Miles! Thanks for your comments. We are working on improving this process in the upcoming Dec release. I would love to give you a sneak peak of the new workflow and get your feedback. Let me know if interested. You can send me note at kevin.miller@on24.com

Thanks Kevin, this sounds great! It’s becoming more and more difficult to fend off people at my company that want to use new and fancy platforms when we don’t know about their reliability and stability, so having these ease-of-use additions would be a big step forward.

I will be in touch to take a look!

I think that’s why it’s important to not multi task so it doesn’t disrupt the video